What To Expect
We’re so excited to have you join us! KPower Yoga is like an all-out workout for your body, a deep-tissue massage for your mind, and a warm sweaty hug for your soul.
Changes for COVID-19
Your health always has been our priority; however, it is now an elevated priority to keep you safe in our space… and, to keep our staff and instructors safe. Here are changes or measures you can expect from us to uphold our increased safety and sanitation standards:
- We will be staying home if we have any COVID-19 related symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with a positive diagnosis.
- We ask all members and guests to do the same.
- We have increased time between classes to ensure time to sanitize all equipment, flooring and frequently touched surfaces.
- We have installed paper towels in restrooms and temporarily suspended shower access.
- We have placed sanitizer, tissues, and paper towels throughout our space for you to keep you clean.
- Capacity in the studio will be limited to 11 people per class to adhere to capacity restrictions and maintain social distancing.
- While yoga lends to maintaining space, before and after class can become busy. We ask that you respect each others space and be patient in entering and exiting our spaces.
- To help maintain a healthy flow of people, we will REQUIRE reservations for class. NO walk-ins. PLEASE call/email/fb if you have questions. We want to help! We want you here:)
Temporary Service Changes
- We will not be offering mat or towel rental.
- We will limit use of props (blocks and straps).
- We will not have shared mat cleaning spray/towels available.
- Water fountain is not available, but the water bottle filling station IS available.
- We WILL be offering a few virtual and outdoor classes to accommodate folks that are more comfortable in that space.
Our studio is a place to escape from your day and release physically and mentally into your mat. It is also a place of community where you will join others seeking to gain energy, build strength and gain confidence in their practice.
When you enter the KPower space, your senses will be awakened by our diffusing oil and welcoming atmosphere. We keep it warm in the studio – 80’s or 90’s to keep you limber (and sweaty).
KPower Yoga shares an entrance with Anytime Fitness. So, you’ll enter through the main entrance to find our smiley yogis and Anytime staff. From there you can access the shared cubbies, private showers and bathrooms, and stations where you can get cool down, clean up, and get ready for your day.
You’ll want to arrive at least 5-10 minutes early, as doors to the studio will lock the moment class starts. Once you find your spot, settle in, and please be quiet out of respect for your fellow yogis as they prepare for their practice.
You can leave your expectations of quiet, low-energy yoga classes at the door – this is gunna be fun. We’re going to bump some music and lead you through a workout that will energize you, challenge you, and change you. Check out our class descriptions!
What to Bring
- Yoga mat – If you already have a yoga mat, great, bring that! If you are on the hunt, hot yoga mats are a little different than regular yoga mats. Look for a mat made with non-slip rubber. If you do not have a non-slip mat, consider getting a microfiber yoga towel.
- Yoga towel – Trust us – you’re going to sweat in class. A yoga towel to lay on top of your mat will help ensure your feet don’t slip as you move into different postures.
- Water bottle – Lukewarm water is the best – it doesn’t shock your body like ice-cold water. Fill it up at home or at our water station at the studio.
- Intention – Yoga is called a practice because it’s never perfect. We’re all a work in progress, but we all work hard. Bring your intention, where you want to dedicate your energy, and we’ll work our butts off (sometimes literally) together.
What to Wear
If you’re looking for permission to go buy some cute new yoga clothes, you have it! But don’t feel like you need special workout clothes – whatever you wear to the gym will do just fine. We’d recommend something lightweight, as you’ll certainly break a sweat!
Since we’ll be in many different postures and positions, we like to practice in clothes that are fitted enough that they’re not going to ride up (or down – hello inversion!).
You’ll see some yogis practice in their sports bra and shorts (because hello heat!), while others opt for leggings and a long-sleeve shirt to maximize that sweat and toxin release. We like to do the “bend-over” test in the mirror to be sure our leggings aren’t see through – some fabrics are just the worst, aren’t they?!
In short, it’s really up to you. Just go with the flow (again, see what we did? We’re hilarious).
A Few Quick Questions
Do I have to be an Anytime Fitness member to join KPower Yoga? No. There are (of course) benefits of seeking membership in both sides.. both physically, but also financially… But, not required!
Can I bring my child? We love that you want to bring your kid to yoga! It can be so transformative physically, mentally, and emotionally. 14-15 year olds can attend class with their parents. 16 year olds and older can attend KPower classes with a signed waiver from their guardian.
Can I do yoga with an injury? Yoga can be really helpful during the healing process, and we teach variations and modifications of almost every posture. However, we have to say it, consult your physician before taking part in any activity with an injury!
Are there showers at the studio? Yes, of course! There are private showers and a changing room where you can change and freshen up after your sweat-sesh.
Cleanse your body
Burn more calories
Channel more energy
Ready to try it out?! Join KPower to get your first 2 WEEKS for $39.
The beautiful intersection of mindfulness, strength and endurance.